Abstract Author(s) and the Presenter
There may be only one presenting author, but multiple authors may be listed on the submission.
Organise the abstract as follows:
- Aim/purpose (preferably one sentence)
- Conclusions (It is not satisfactory to state “The results will be discussed”)
In your abstract submission you must disclose:
- If the abstract has been previously submitted, published or presented.
- Whether the presentation is industry supported or initiated.
- Where applicable, all studies must have been approved by institutional committees on ethics of experimental and human/animal investigations.
- Any conflicts of interest
Prior to the event you will be sent the ASAPS Guest Speaker Documentation form that requires the following disclosures:
- Do you receive direct personal financial benefit through sales or royalties of any devices/implant/cosmetic product or any related technologies? If yes, please detail the company name(s) and the details of the agreement.
- Do you receive any competitive advantage via commercial arrangements from suppliers/industry to support your practice via cost reduction, incentives, in kind contributions and subsidies?
- Are your industry payments publicly available e.g. on cms.gov?
- Do you consult, advise, endorse products (third party marketing/sales) or do research on behalf of any company (ies) that may in some way be perceived to be a conflict of interest? If yes, please detail the company name(s) and the details of the agreement.
- Are industry funds paid to you personally, to your practice or via any institution(s) you are affiliated with?
- Are you employed or engaged within the academic and/or not for profit sector?
- Do you have a track record of publications in peer reviewed journals in your area of research?
- Do you have track record of public competitive grants your area of research?
Speakers must be registered to attend the conference to be eligible to present. Please note that presentation of an abstract does not constitute any offer by ASAPS, ASCD or CPCA to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Symposium and no presenter fee will be paid.
Presentations will be selected on the basis of scientific merit, clinical merit and topicality.
Companies that are either sponsoring or exhibiting are limited to one (1) abstract submission. Independent authors do not have a maximum number of submissions allowed.
Submissions must fall under the following themes to be accepted.
- Beauty and Aesthetics
- Complex cases from my Practice and how to approach them
- Laser and Acne
- Photography, Bias and Ageing
- Hair Transplant Techniques
Submitting Your Presentation
Due to the large volume of presentations at the event, we ask you to please read the below information and follow the instructions carefully.
- Speakers will be required to bring their presentations, properly named as above, on a USB stick with them to the conference.
- Your presentation must be given to the audio-visual team two hours prior to the session.
- Presenting on your own laptop is not permitted.
- Oral presentations are usually 15 minutes or as appropriate for the programme.
- The duration of the talk will be enforced, and you should practice and time your talk to ensure it is completed within the allocated time frame.
- 16:9 screen ratio
- PowerPoint or Keynote
- Presentation file naming protocol – “Time_Day_Presenter Name_Topic”
- The first or second slide must contain the speaker’s disclosures